PlayStation 4 jailbreak versions and launch methods
PlayStation 4 version for Jailbreak
Currently, jailbreak on PlayStation 4 is possible on PlayStation 4 consoles with firmware up to 7.02 inclusive. You cannot downgrade your PlayStation 4 firmware.
The higher the PlayStation 4 firmware version for Jailbreak – the more games are available for free launch.
For some games it is possible to downgrade the PlayStation 4 firmware required by the game.
List of games and required firmware versions for PlayStation 4 https://oldnero.github.io/PS4-Games-List/
- 7.51, 7.55 – very unstable
- 7.02 – Unstable jailbreak. There are frequent crashes and freezes. There is a code to boot Linux.
- 6.72 – More stable jailbreak. Sometimes there are crashes and freezes. There is a code to boot Linux.
- 5.05 – Stable jailbreak. There is a code to boot Linux.
- 4.05, 4.55 – Stable jailbreak. There is a code to boot Linux.
Ways to use jailbreak on PlayStation 4
The safest methods to jailbreak on PlayStation 4 are offline methods without Internet access
From safest to least:
- Using the ESP board with an autonomous access point
- Placing the jailbreak code on a local server without Internet access (for example, on the Raspberry Pi)
- Application on a mobile phone with disabled mobile Internet.
- Run the server on the computer to use the computer as a DNS server for the PlayStation 4
- Connecting PlayStation 4 to a remote DNS- or Web-server on the Internet to run the code for the PlayStation 4 jailbreak
In cases of using DNS- or Web-servers on the local computer and on the Internet, it is possible that the PlayStation 4 may report about disabling of the license check system to Sony’s secret servers bypassing the DNS server settings on the PlayStation 4.
I tested Webkit Test Exploit #1 and #2 on Ps4 FW 4.05 CUH-1216A and they both work. “There is not enough free system memory”.
I meant #1 and #3 are working
Please remove the PoC files here. This would just lead to a quicker patch, further limiting the affected firmwares.
I took it all from public open places: sites and social networks. So Sony already knew all off this. And most of them is already patched even in old 3.15 FW.
No sence to delete. And еhis can be the inspiration for other developers to take the next step or rework this code
hi i found something i have not seen online for tutorials i can run windows 95 and atari and other emulators on my ps4
only MS-DOS :)