PlayStation 4 jailbreak versions and launch methods
PlayStation 4 version for Jailbreak
Currently, jailbreak on PlayStation 4 is possible on PlayStation 4 consoles with firmware up to 7.02 inclusive. You cannot downgrade your PlayStation 4 firmware.
The higher the PlayStation 4 firmware version for Jailbreak – the more games are available for free launch.
For some games it is possible to downgrade the PlayStation 4 firmware required by the game.
List of games and required firmware versions for PlayStation 4 https://oldnero.github.io/PS4-Games-List/
- 7.02 – Unstable jailbreak. There are frequent crashes and freezes. There is a code to boot Linux.
- 6.72 – More stable jailbreak. Sometimes there are crashes and freezes. There is a code to boot Linux.
- 5.05 – Stable jailbreak. There is a code to boot Linux.
- 4.05, 4.55 – Stable jailbreak. There is a code to boot Linux.
Ways to use jailbreak on PlayStation 4
The safest methods to jailbreak on PlayStation 4 are offline methods without Internet access
From safest to least:
- Using the ESP board with an autonomous access point
- Placing the jailbreak code on a local server without Internet access (for example, on the Raspberry Pi)
- Application on a mobile phone with disabled mobile Internet.
- Run the server on the computer to use the computer as a DNS server for the PlayStation 4
- Connecting PlayStation 4 to a remote DNS- or Web-server on the Internet to run the code for the PlayStation 4 jailbreak
In cases of using DNS- or Web-servers on the local computer and on the Internet, it is possible that the PlayStation 4 may report about disabling of the license check system to Sony’s secret servers bypassing the DNS server settings on the PlayStation 4.